What should a video production brief include?
When planning a video production, it is important to create a comprehensive brief that outlines the project goals, target audience, and key messages you want to convey. This is a really helpful starting point for a production company to understand the production requirements and be able to produce an accurate proposal and quote.
A video production brief should include the following information:
- Objectives: Clearly state the purpose of the video, what you hope to achieve, and what the target audience should take away from it.
- Target audience: Identify who the video is intended for, including their age, gender, interests, and location. This information can help guide the style, tone, and content of the video.
- Budget: Specify the budget for the production, including any constraints or limitations. This will help the production company understand what is feasible and what resources will be available to them.
- Location(s): Including the proposed filming location(s) is especially helpful for calculating production costs including travel and accommodation where required alongside if any special consideration needs to be given to obtaining location filming permissions/permits.
- Key participants: An indication of who may feature in the production is useful to know. How many interviewees will be required (if appropriate) and whether the narrative for the production will be delivered by interview, professional voiceover artist or a mix of both.
- Production schedule: Outline the timeline for the production, including any key deadlines and milestones. This information can help ensure that the project stays on track and meets the desired launch date.
- Creative direction: Provide any specific creative direction or aesthetic requirements for the video. This can include the desired tone, look and feel, and visual style.
- Brand guidelines: Include any branding or marketing guidelines that must be followed in the production, such as colour palettes, font styles, and logo usage.
- Approval process: Clearly define the approval process for the video, including who will be responsible for making final decisions and what stages of the production require approval.
- Marketing plan: Outline the marketing plan for the video, including any channels that will be used to promote it and the desired outcomes from the promotion.
A comprehensive video production brief is crucial for the success of your project. By including the essential elements outlined above, you'll provide the production company with the necessary information to bring your vision to life. Remember, effective communication and collaboration between you and the production team are key to creating a video that achieves your goals and captivates your audience.
At Bright Spark Studios, we understand that video is one of the most powerful tools for telling your story, showcasing your products and services, and reaching your target audience. That's why we offer a full suite of video production services, from concept to completion, to help you bring your vision to life.
So why not get in touch today and find out how the company can help you achieve your video production goals!